Thursday, October 23, 2008

Reading week with cybernetic upgrades perhaps?

I've been feeling very productive this reading week. Between sketching out character designs for our group film funpack, I managed to get this layout done as well.

This setting was inspired by my snowboarding trip to Telluride last year, as I still had pics from it. I drew the linework scanned it and painted it in photoshop. I was really happy with the sense of depth I got. After several attempts and styles to the sky. I ended up simplifying it completely as I felt a more painterly approach to the sky didn't quite match up to the style of the rest of the scene and instead outlined shapes to suggest snow blowing off the peaks.

1 comment:

Stever said...

I think it looks awesome, man. when did u become so good, haha kidding